The Field Notes Seasonal Release for Winter is the “Resolution” Edition. It’s straightforward and useful, two very good things for a Field Notes product to be.
A pocket-sized weekly planner and a “to-do” book rank at the very top of the list of things people have asked us to make throughout the years. Field Notes' paid attention, and put both together for their Winter release, to coincide with the busy holiday season and the start of a new year. It’s a fine time to become a more productive and organized you.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Mohawk Vellum 80#C “Via Scarlet,” “Carnival Stellar White,” and “Via Cyan,” stamped with Crown Foil by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- 03. Innards: Domtar Earth Choice Vellum 60#T “Gray,” with a fine, 2-color application of “Frost White” and “Winter Sky Gray” soy-based Saphira inks.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Checklist Journals: 19 items per page. Date Books: one week per page.
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC: 858493003646
Field Notes Brand is a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements. Co-founder and graphic designer, Aaron Draplin is a Michigan native who, from time to time, speaks highly of the Upper Peninsula.