Cherry Graph features real cherry wood covers, like the Field Notes Spring 2014 Shelterwood Edition, but with black text and filled with 48 pages of their tried-and true Finch Opaque Smooth 50#T with 48 pages of 3/16" graph paper inside.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Burke Printing, Lake Forest, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Graphic Wood Technologies PureVeneer cherry wood veneer, bound to brown kraft paper with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dachshund Nose" black soy-based Toyo ink.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 50#T "Bright White," with a fine, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Komori G40 40" 6-color printing press.
- 05. Bound by a Mueller Martini Bravo T 6-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the "Founding Fathers of the Staple."
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) by a Challenge round-corner machine.
- 07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). 48 Pages.
- 08. Memo book dimensions are 3½" × 5½" (89mm × 140mm).
- 09. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 10. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. UPC 858493003240
Field Notes Brand is a collection of smartly-designed, vintage-styled pocket notebooks, calendars, and various office accoutrements. Co-founder and graphic designer, Aaron Draplin is a Michigan native who, from time to time, speaks highly of the Upper Peninsula.